- 1 1/2 lbs pork butt, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup black beans, soaked
- 1 cup onion, fine dice
- 4 cloves of garlic, fine dice
- 1 cup carrot, med. dice
- 1 cup celery root, med. dice
- 4 strips bacon, med. dice
- 2 tbsp. dry oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 oz. of your favorite Sidekicks Salsa
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cook pork and bacon on high heat for 10-15 minutes, or until brown. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Add garlic and onion and another 1/2 tsp. of salt, cinnamon, cumin, and oregano and cook for 5-10 minutes on low/medium heat, or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Strain beans and add them to pot along with carrots, celery root, and 2 cups of water.
- Bring pot to simmer and cook in an oven at 325 for two hours.
- When the beans are cooked, add 8 oz. of your favorite Sidekicks Salsa. We love the Extra Hot for this recipe!
- Garnish with your own fixins’.
Photography by Hilary Bovay